CURRENT CLUB INFORMATION
Interested in joining us? Our meetings are held on the third Monday of every month!! Contact Amy Cirelli (Vice President) at email@example.com
22-24 BOARD MEMBERS
Who We Are
We are women aged 21-50 years with diverse backgrounds and interests. Our focus is community improvement and personal development. We are members of General Federation of Women’s Clubs, that largest non-denominational, non-partisan organization of volunteer women in world! Membership in GFWC provides women of all backgrounds opportunity to take active role in community, state, and world events
What We Do
We conduct monthly meetings to plan volunteer opportunities in order to assist various local agencies and seek out ways to improve our community.
We fundraise every year and donate the money to charitable organizations in community. In 2020 raised $14,000 to aid local agencies.
Throughout the year, are participate in variety of service projects and partnerships:
- The Butler Garden Club’s Gateway Gardens Project
- The ARC of Butler County
- Fill a Glass with Hope
- PA Volunteers
- Used eyeglass collection for vision impairment awareness
- The Salvation Army Kettle Drive
The GFWC Junior Women’s Club of Butler is community service organization founded in 1929. The goals of original group continue to carried on today. We aim to maintain organized center for intellectual & social development. We strive to network and develop relationships with other local nonprofits. Some or our club’s accomplishments include:
- Started the concept of kindergarten program for Butler in 1950’s
- Providing student scholarships since 1955
- Beautifying & renovating Ritts Park on McKean St, are received “Key to City” from Mayor Richard Schontz
- Sponsoring programs as Teen Parenting Needs Closet, Butler Traveling Library, Child Safety Seat Checks & The Heroin Reality Tour
- Gateway Gardens Project – help maintain & upkeep the State Gardens Project at intersection of Route 8 & 422.